Our teeth are the biggest contributor to our high self-esteem and confidence level. Furthermore, good dental health is essential to maintain overall well-being. If you smile with missing teeth, you may find it embarrassing in front of society.
Well, if you are in trouble due to missing teeth, the latest technologies have bought some reliable solutions for you. A few years ago, people were restricted from using crowns and dentures only, but they are not so good for jaw health. However, now patients can also gain access to dental implants, and they are suitable for anyone above the age group of 6.
- Introducing Dental Implants:The dental implants appear like a screw that is fixed on the jaw to fix teeth. After putting the screw on the jawbone, dentists attach a custom-made crown in the area with missing teeth and it is more like a real one. Usually, a good quality dental implant lasts for more than 30 years. Note that unlike bridges, dental implants do not require filling of adjacent teeth; they are not even removable.
- Why choose dental implants?Well, there are so many amazing reasons to go ahead with dental implants to handle your missing teeth problem. Few of them are listed below:
• Generally, any empty space in the jawline cause trouble with the existing teeth; even the jawbone may start deteriorating from the area where there are no teeth. Dental implants have the ability to keep surrounding teeth stable while stimulating the growth of bones. Moreover, there is no need to grind down the connecting teeth like dentures and bridges. The process is simple and reliable.
• It is important to mention that dental implants are a permanent solution, and they may help you to chew your food better. Moreover, they make your voice clear like real teeth and there is no fear of slipping like dentures. Unlike traditional solutions, no food particles stuck with dental implants.
• If you provide proper care to the dental implants, they may last up to 30 years; however, if you use bridges or dentures, they may require replacement every 5 to 10 years.
• Experts say that dental implants work more like actual teeth, and there is no need to make additional efforts for their maintenance. You need not take them out during cleaning hours. Also, they support your original face shape and smile. People feel more confident while using dental implants.
• Last but not least, dental implants promise a higher success rate. So, dentists recommend them more.
- Who should have dental implants?If you are a little worried about whether dental implants are a good option for you or not, you can consult dentists. Generally, this option is suitable for all those who have good overall health with healthy gum tissue. Also, it is important to have enough jawbone that can provide support for dental implants. The cost of treatment may vary from $1500 to $6000 and you can find many specialists around to complete the procedure of dental implants.